Conditions:the terms and conditions of the Event, available at www.runplymouth.co.uk;
Entry Fee:the sum paid by a Participant upon entering the Event;
Event:Plymouth 10k, Sunday 7th October
Participant:an applicant who pays the Entry Fee.
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering into a contract with the Event organiser and not [England Athletics Limited and/or] [UK Athletics Limited].
- agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
- consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
- acknowledge and agree that:
- running is an endurance sport;
- I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
- I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event;
- understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event organiser’s officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others; and
- agree that my participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.