08:30am, Sunday 24th March
Prize Categories & Competitions
1st, 2nd and 3rd Male and Female (Only one prize per athlete will be awarded).
VO40 Male and Female.
VO45 Male and Female.
VO50 Male and Female.
VO55 Male and Female.
VO60 Male and Female.
1st Junior Male/Female – U20.
All individual winners will receive free entry into 2020 Tamar Bridge 10k.
Unaffiliated Runners: £17.00
Affiliated Runners: £15.00
We will give FREE entry to elite athletes who meet the following times;
Men – Sub 30:30
Women – Sub 35:20
Entries are now closed.
The Roads will be re-opened 90 minutes after the race starts, to ensure the safety of all runners we will ask any remaining participants to move onto the pavements. Runners who finish after 90minutes will still receive, Medal and T-shirt.
- Only the person entering the race can compete*
- You cannot be accompanied by anyone who has not entered the race, nor by such as walkers and cyclists.
- Don’t stop to take selfies or use selfie sticks
- You are advised not to wear earplugs for music because you could miss vital instructions
- You can’t be pushed around the course
- You can’t push a child around the course in a buggy or pushchair
- You must seek approval from the organiser if you are thinking of undertaking a challenge of any description during the race
- If you compete in fancy dress please ensure that you are properly hydrated
- Wheelchair Athletes must be self-propelled (not hand cranked or electric)
- You can’t carry a child around any part of the course
We have an exchange number provision up until 26th February there will be a £5.00 admin fee, contact email@example.com
Anyone found to be giving or selling their race number to another person will be banned from future Event West Ltd. events and disqualified (this applies to both the people involved)
(Full details all UKA Rules Effective from April 2017 can be found General Rules 1-24 and Road Running 202-215) Extracts below.
Run Under UKA Rules.
Athletes must be age 15 years and above on race day.
Race Numbers must be secured by pins to the front of your garment and must not be folded. The whole of the number must be intact and visible.
Race Numbers are issued to the individual athlete completing the application form.
Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.*
*If you have entered but can’t now run but you would like to give your number to a fellow athlete you can do so. An admin fee of £5.00 will be charged, contact firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name and entry details and the details of the replacement athlete.
A runner must retire immediately if ordered to do so by a medical officer of the race.
Runners who retire from a race must not remove their number card until they have reported to an official as having retired from the race.
Dogs are not permitted to accompany the runner.
Any Wheelchair Athletes must be self-propelled (please inform the Race Director).
Emergency Contact Details and any medication or medical condition should be notified to the Race Director and included on the template on the reverse of your race number.
Please pass this information on to the Race Director (this information will only be shared with the Medical Manager).
No athlete can be accompanied other than a blind or partially sighted athlete using a guide runner.
Conditions: the terms and conditions of the Event, available at www.runplymouth.co.uk;
Entry Fee: the sum paid by a Participant upon entering the Event;
Event: Tamar Bridge 10k, Sunday 24th March
Participant: an applicant who pays the Entry Fee.
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering into a contract with the Event organiser and not [England Athletics Limited and/or] [UK Athletics Limited].
- agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
- consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
- acknowledge and agree that:
- running is an endurance sport;
- I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
- I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event;
- understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event organiser’s officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others; and
- agree that my participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
Event West Limited Limited (“We”) is a company incorporated in England and registered under Company Number: 9978323. It is the promoter and organiser of the event.
By entering the event you agree to abide by these conditions of entry and any race instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the event [Corporate Challenge, Services Challenge, Schools Challenge, Fun Run] or any other event associated with it.
It operates a no refund and no carry forward policy once you have entered the event/s.
Its events operate under Licence from UK Athletics and its competition rules will apply.
Tamar Bridge 10k:
All entrants must be over the age of 15 years of age.
You must not compete on roller skates/blades, skateboard or any other form of a propelled object, or push children/adults around the route in any form of carrying.
You must not be escorted or paced by anyone on foot or cycle.
You are not permitted to enter with any animal with the exception of guide dogs; arrangements for guide dogs must be made with the organisers in advance of the event.
We reserve the right to change fees, alter programme details, prizes and prize structures and any aspect of the event management organisations.
For safety reasons and primarily for identification by medical staff, the swapping, sale, resale or transfer of race numbers is strictly prohibited. Participants must complete their details and sign the back of their race number prior to the event.
The organisers reserve the right to refuse an entrant’s attendance at or participation in the event or any future event.
We aim to organise a safe and enjoyable event and hope that you will help us in achieving this. Any participant who is found in breach of these terms and conditions may be excluded from future events.
It is strongly recommended that you train for the event/s.
All participants are strongly advised to consult with their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme or running event. It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure they are medically fit to participate in the event.
We recommend you look at our guidelines and linked websites for further information.
In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these terms of entry or in connection with the event for any:
- loss or damage;
- loss of profit;
- loss of reputation;
- loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
- consequential or indirect loss regardless of whether the loss or damage: (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or(c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
Nothing in this agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Use of Images:
By entering the event/s you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, website, promotion or other accounts of this event/s.
Collection & Use of Information:
By entering this event you acknowledge and agree that your personal information (including medical information entered on my race number or collected by Event Staff during the event/s or after the event/s) can be stored, used and disclosed by the organiser in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the event/s and for the compilation of statistical information.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and you have the right of access to personal records held on the organiser’s computer on written request.
Your name will be added to the organiser’s mailing list so that we can keep you informed about other events and activities of the event organiser.
You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
The Tamar Bridge will remain open for traffic in both directions throughout duration of the event.
Sunday 24th March sees the Tamar Bridge 10k starting and finishing at King’s Tamerton Community Club, Trevithick Road.
There will be road closures between 06:00-10:00.
The route is; Trevithick Road, Peters Park Lane, Normandy Way, Across The Bridge using the cycle/pedestrian route (during 08:30-10:00) a shuttle bus will be provided. Pemros Road, Barne Lane, Victoria Road, Bickham Road, Waverley Road, Daymond Road, Verna Road, Peters Park Lane and Trevithick Road. All of these roads will be closed.
To reduce impact on the local community event organisers are transporting over 400 runners to the start by a bus shuttle service from Home Park.